Cherry Bomb Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are so good I could fry! These are so easy and simple to make, great for a family meal or game night. They are double dipped fried wings which means they are a whole lot of extra deliciousness and will have that crunchy texture everyone loves in a chicken wing. The glaze gives the wings that sugary and sweet sticky tastiness which will leave you double dipping back in for more, because these wings are “finger licking good!”
• 12 whole chicken wings (drums or wings), washed and pat dry
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 cups flour
• 5 cups water (for brining)
• Canola oil, for frying
• Brownwood Farms Cherry BBQ sauce
1. Soak the chicken wings in approx. 5 cups of cold salt water for 2-3 hours. This is the same thing as brining, it really makes a difference when it comes to the juiciness and the flavor. I do the ratio of 1tbs of salt per cup of water.
2. Once the wings have soaked, remove them and coat them in the flour mixture of flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, then dip each wing back into the brining water and then once again back in the flour mixture.
3. Make sure you oil is hot enough for frying. You can tell that it is if you hearing it crackling, that heavenly sizzling sound. I would recommend (depending on the size of your frying pan) frying as many wings at one time as you can making sure the wings aren’t touching each other so that they reach their optimal level of crispiness.
4. I typically fry 6 wings at a time. Fry each batch of wings for approx. 15mins or until that coating turns that nice golden brown color.
5. Once the wings are that golden brown color, remove them and place them on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
6. When the wings are cool to the touch place them in a large bowl along Cherry BBQ sauce and toss